Service Management Consulting
The International Standards Organization – popularly known as ISO has released the latest version of ISO/IEC20000:2011. In this version, ISO has modified this management system which was earlier focusing more on Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), into more generic Service Management System (SMS). Hence this management system can be adapted to any service management to achieve structured, manageable, measurable service delivery with clear objectives, policies, processes, accountability and authority.
ISO20000:2011 specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfill agreed service requirements. Hence, ISO/IEC 20000:2011 can be implemented in any industry or function that offers services.
Some of the possible industry segments that can look into this standard for improved managed services are
b. Health Care
e. Government Civil Services
f. Emergency services
The benefits of implementation of ISO/IEC 20000:2011 include the following;
1. Business Differentiators
2. Clarity on the services offered by the service provider
3. Consolidation of service desk and related tools
4. Continuous improvement of services
5. Informed design of services and controlled release of services into production
6. Better insight into the performance of services
7. Reduction in Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)
8. Improved Return on Investment (ROI)
9. Better alignment with business growth
GLOPORE IM Services Pvt. Ltd. offers consultancy services in the space of Service Management System pertaining to ISO/IEC 20000:2011 standards.